Why is a Personalized Dietitian Important when you are Diagnosed with Cancer
Who is a personalized dietitian?
A professional who is trained in food science and nutrition from a qualified university and someone who can help you identify, assess and manage your lifestyle/ therapeutic disorders with the help of food and a tailor made diet plan. A dietitian is also someone who would help you adapt to a lasting dietary behavior change, based on solid research and evidence for better health.
Why is a personalized Onco-nutritionist important?
A personalized dietitian plans a diet plan that is specifically made for you and suited best for your condition.
They are not based on one size fits all. They help in achieving your goal and make them more realistic and sustainable. Studies have found that individuals who receive personalized advice adopt healthier eating habits that are sustainable in the long term, leading to lasting improvements in health.
Few other benefits of the onco diet plan specifically made for you:
● It’s based on an individual’s health assessment, present health status, blood measures, food preferences, food intolerance, budget, lifestyle, personal or family history.
● It helps in preventing the side effects of chemo or managing the same better.
● It helps in reducing the rate of complications and the risk of prolonged hospital stay.
● It helps in achieving optimal nutrition which otherwise can be difficult because of the cancer or the treatment.
● It helps you manage various side effects of the treatment with different kinds of foods which are natural and do not have any side effects.
● It can help in improving the effectiveness of conventional treatment.
● It’s based on the type of cancer that you might be suffering from.
● It helps in reducing overall healthcare costs.
● Personalized nutrition can also help in prevention of cancer.
● It has psychological benefits and helps you manage the disease well.
● Benefit of personal guidance or person to person contact with a personalized dietitian.
● A personalized dietitian can help you in understanding the benefit of various foods involved and provide with the best alternatives.
Tags: personalized dietitian, food science and nutrition, identify, assess, manage your lifestyle/ therapeutic disorders, help of food, tailor made diet plan, Dietitian, adapting a lasting dietary behavior change, solid research/ evidence, personalized onco-nutrition important, more realistic and sustainable, individual’s health assessment, present health status, blood measures, food preferences, food intolerance, budget and lifestyle, personal or family history, preventing the side effects of chemo , reducing the rate of complications, risk of prolonged hospital stay, effectiveness of conventional treatment, based on the type of cancer, reducing the health care cost, prevention of cancer, psychological benefits, cancer