The number of cancer cases in India is on a rise constantly and unfortunately not everyone takes this seriously. Therefore it’s important for us to increase our knowledge about cancer.
How to spread awareness:
- To dispel the misconceptions about cancer.
- Inform them about the signs and symptoms of different forms of cancer.
- Teach them on the importance of screening for early detection.
- By promoting a healthy lifestyle, sharing survivor stories and giving a message of hope and confidence.
The objective of spreading cancer awareness:
- To prevent the lifestyle factors that cause cancer.
- To educate people on signs and symptoms of cancer to promote early detection or early diagnosis.
- Inform women about mammograms, clinical breast exam and breast self-exam. Also educate them about Pap smear tests to check for signs of cervical cancer.
- Help them understand the process of early screening that they can do at home or at a nearby lab.
The more you are aware about cancer, the better it is! Educate yourself and spread the knowledge.
Tags: Cancer awareness, education, cancer signs and symptoms, early screening and cancer detection, lifestyle risk factors, self-examination, cancer